Golden Milk Macadamia Nut Butter
Out of stock
Golden Milk is a traditional Ayurvedic beverage that has been used for centuries to support the mind and body. It is a delicious and medicinal food that is not difficult to make from scratch if you have all the ingredients on hand — but life is often busy and trying to add in even a simple thing can often prove to be too much. We want to make it easy for you to do things that are good for you. That’s why we’ve created our own convenient version of Golden Milk, which honors the Ayurvedic roots of this nourishing food in a form which is immediately accessible and easy to incorporate into our busy lives.
What’s in Tiny isle Golden Milk Mac nut Butter? Well, there’s Big Island Macnuts, of course, and local Kauai Honey. Then there’s Kauai Turmeric, combined with Kauai grown Black Pepper, Ginger and Allspice, joining up with Cardamom, and Nutmeg from Maui.
Golden Milk Mac nut butter offers the natural anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric and ginger. Black pepper enhances the absorption and the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric. Cardamom, nutmeg and allspice have all long been used as nurturing, warming, spices which aid digestion. All of this goodness is blended into the creamy, richness of the macadamia nut butter which has it’s own benefits.
- Macadamia nuts are rich source of energy. 100 g of nuts provide about 718 calorie/100 g, which is one of the highest calorific values among nuts.
- Mac nuts contain health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
- 100 g of macadamia provides 8.6 g or 23% of daily-recommended levels of dietary fiber and they carry no cholesterol.
- Macadamia nuts are free from gluten
- The nuts are rich source of mono-unsaturated fatty (MUF) like oleic acid (18:1) and palmitoleic acids (16:1). Studies suggest that MUF fats in the diet help lower total cholesterol as well as LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
- The nuts are also rich in many important B-complex vitamins that are vital for metabolic functions. 100 g of nuts provide 15% of niacin, 21% of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), 100% of thiamin, and 12% of riboflavin.
Tiny Isle Golden Milk macadamia nut butter offers all the benefits of this health filled tonic in a form that could be called a medicinal food. It can be incorporated into your diet or daily routine, by taking a spoonful or two each day. Or use it as spread on toast or on vegetables like celery. You can use use it to make a sauce, salad dressing,add it to soups and stews or thin it with water or milk and drizzle it over fruits and vegetables. For an easy to make tea you can mix 1 – 2 tablespoons with a cup of hot water for a delicious golden milk beverage. Or, you could add a spoonful into tea or warmed coconut milk for a rich and delicious beverage.