Strawberry Shortcake that's actually healthy? These vegan, strawberry shortcake cookies are a healthier spin on the traditional summertime treat. Made with our freshly ground macadamia nut butter, vegan cream cheese, and white chocolate, these cookies are a burst of color and flavor!
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp vanilla + pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup macadamia nut butter
2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla + pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp melted coconut oil if your nut butter isn’t runny, to make a caramel consistency!
1/4 cup unsweetened strawberry jam
1 cup chopped white chocolate
freeze dried strawberries
1. Combine all the cookie ingredients together until dough forms.
2. Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet & flatten with your palm.
3. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool.
4. Mix together the filling ingredients. Taste & adjust as needed. Divide it over top of the cookies.
5. Place a little dollop of jam in the center of each one.
6. Melt the white chocolate. Pour over top of the jam/caramel layer & gently swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with freeze dried strawberries!
7. Pop in the freezer to harden!